15 oz. weight
Strength of a double weave uniform
Rise to the next level of sword mastery with this three-disc samurai DVD set! In Advanced Samurai Swordsmanship, Japanese sword master Masayuki Shimabukuro and his senior student, Carl E. Long, delve deeper into the elegance of body-and-weapon movement that defines personal mastery of the legendary samurai sword.
This three-disc martial arts DVD collection includes:
- Expert development of footwork, agility and body movement.
- Mastery drills for timing, blocking and drawing.
- Deep-level practice of kata (forms) and two-man sparring.
- Precision-cutting demonstrations.
- On-screen glossary of samurai swordsmanship terminology.
Masayuki Shimabukuro is an eighth-dan in muso jikiden eishin-ryu iaijutsu and a Black Belt Hall of Fame member (2006 Weapons Instructor of the Year). He has received official appointment by the Dai Nippon Butoku Kai as the organization's international representative for iaido and battodo.
Carl E. Long is the vice chairman and director for the Jikishin-Kai International, overseeing certification of its North American, South American and European instructors. He is a five-time recipient of the Dai Nippon Butoku Kai's yushu-sho, one of the highest awards granted for the performance of iaido.